Perhaps the most asked question we hear from club members is “who will be coaching my child’s team?” As such, one of our top priorities is to develop the highest-level coaching education program within the club in order to ensure that all players, and all teams, are being guided by passionate coaches who not only care about providing a safe and nurturing environment for players, but also deliver high quality coaching that will insure both individual player and team development.
- Our Directors of Coaching are responsible for the hiring of all of our competitive and Juniors coaches. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best coaches from within Boulder County and beyond. We are also committed to increasing the quality and depth of our coaching staff through our coaching education program and to improving the overall quality of our coaching across all levels.
- We require continued professional development of all our coaches including supporting our current coaches in pursuit of advanced coaching licenses and educational opportunities.
- In our recreational program, Boulder Valley Youth Soccer, we have both paid and volunteer coaches. All coaches are required to submit a CSA/USYS background check prior to working with any players. Additionally, our educational training program that provides appropriate practice activities and in-game strategies will be an invaluable tool for all coaches but particularly important for the volunteer coaches.
- The Directors of Coaching along with our Director of Soccer Education and Executive Director make decisions regarding team coaches prior to each player placement cycle. Based on previous experience, history, and coaching qualifications, coaches will be assigned to teams with the intent of selecting the best coach for each specific team.
- Coaching assignments are announced no later than one month prior to the player placement events.