We understand that perhaps the most pressing question for a player or a parent is who will coach the team. It is one of our top priorities to develop the highest-level coaching education program within the club in order to ensure that all players, and all teams, are being guided by passionate coaches who not only care about providing a safe and nurturing environment for players, but also deliver high quality coaching that will insure both individual player and team development.
- The FC Boulder full-time coaching staff will be involved with the hiring of all of our competitive coaches. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best coaches from within Boulder County and beyond. We are also committed to increasing the quality and depth of our coaching staff through our coaching education program and to improving the overall quality of our coaching at all competitive levels.
- We are progressing toward policies that mandate minimal coaching licenses associated with each competitive Tier. This requires the recruitment of high quality coaches, as well as supporting our current coaches to pursue advanced coaching licenses and educational opportunities.
- For the recreational soccer experience, players will have volunteer coaches. All volunteers will be required to submit a volunteer disclosure form prior to working with any players. Our educational training program that provides appropriate practice activities and in-game strategies will be an invaluable tool for all coaches but particularly important for the volunteer coaches.
- The full-time coaching staff will make decisions regarding team coaches prior to each player placement cycle. Based on previous experience, history, and coaching qualifications, coaches will be assigned to teams with the intent of selecting the best coach for each specific team.
- Coaching assignments will be announced no later than one month prior to the player placement events.
- Recreational programs rely heavily on parent volunteer coaches. FC Boulder staff coaches and clinicians provide coaching support for volunteer coaches.