East and West based locations. Program Director will notify each team of their training session locations.
2 team training sessions a week plus an optional, Program Director led, Tech Night Training Session.
Winter Friday Night Futsal
Optional Friday Night Futsal from December through February. This is included in the program and free for players to attend all winter!
Performance & Skills Program
Led by FC Boulder’s Athletic Performance and coaching staff, the program aims to challenge players to age and experience appropriate training. Players will work with our licensed coaches and strength & conditioning staff to improve their athletic and technical performance on the field. This is an optional program that Competitive Players can add to their weekly schedules.
The FC Boulder Competitive Program is designed to provide a positive, engaging soccer experience that accelerates the growth of all players in the program from U11-U19. Our Program Directors and Coaching staff are passionate about the game, and take great pride in creating the contexts in which players are inspired to thrive. The Competitive program serves athletes of all abilities — those who are newer to the game, as well as those players who have the drive and aspiration to excel in high school and college soccer environments. The Program is tailored to the diverse, multi-faceted life of Boulder County families, and yet maintains an unapologetic drive to produce players that will contend for places within the FC Boulder Academy program in subsequent seasons.
The Competitive Program provides an appropriate team context for the full range of players seeking a serious soccer experience — from inexperienced players, to others who have the talent and ambition to one day accept an invitation to join the FCB Academy Program.
The FCB Competitive Program maintains high standards for all coaches in the program, and places great value on coaches who can inspire and teach players of all ability levels. Coaches in the Competitive Program are thoughtfully mentored to provide a rich learning environment for their players, and are required (minimally) to obtain the US Soccer Grassroots 11v11 Diploma (though most coaches in the program far exceed the minimal standard).
We will be forming Competitive teams at every age group (U11–U19) for both boys and girls. Typically, teams in the U11-U12 age groups will have 12-14 players and teams in the U13-U19 age group will have 15-18 players. Teams will be formed with the intention of grouping players of similar ability.
Competitive teams will play across all levels in the Colorado Soccer Association (CSA) leagues. We will seek to place teams into leagues where they will experience the appropriate balance of success and challenge.
Teams may opt to participate in various tournaments both locally, throughout Colorado and out-of-state.
We provide a positive experience for all players delivering an appropriate level soccer experience to advance players’ skills within a competitive team culture. We challenge players to reach their full potential and grow their love for the game.
We provide a positive experience for all players to continue the development of their skills and to have success in the game and in life. We challenge players to reach their full potential and grow their love for the game, within a competitive team culture.
The Boys Competitive Program varies depending on team and roster. The director will notify each team of their training locations while home games will be based out of Boulder.
Winning games will be a product of developing players over a long period of time. Learning how to win is part of development, but the individual player actions and team principles will be key to allow for successful results later in the pathway.
- Create a player-centered environment, putting players into game-like situations to learn from experiences.
- Continue to develop the individual player within a team setting.
- Instill passion for the game within our players through the energy and enthusiasm of our coaches.
- Build opportunities for our players to advance their life skills within our community.
- Teach individual player actions and key team principles, within our desired FCB Style of Play.
- Position players in a training and game environment where they will experience a balance of challenge and success.
- Provide players the opportunity to move up and down a level or age within our club, to give them the appropriate challenge or success, to aid in their individual development when needed.
- During this section of our long-term pathway, players will physically develop at different rates, we take this into consideration and will provide opportunities for players to train with others who are a physical match up, in order to increase their soccer and physical development.
- Deliver weekly themes, in line with the club’s tactical periodization plan set forth by the program director.
- Set game day objectives, based off the weekly theme, for players and teams to focus on.
- Playing Time: All players will earn at least 50% playing time in a game and be given opportunities to start games, considering – Mentality, Attendance & Performance.
- Player Positions:
- U11-U12 (9v9): Players will still be rotated within positions to increase overall game understanding and ensure players receive game day playing opportunities. We begin to identify specific ‘key positional qualities’ in players.
- U13-U14 (11v11): Positional profiling begins, players will get more opportunity to grow in 1-2 positions as coaches continue to identify their ‘key positional qualities’.
Connect individual and collective development with winning. We consistently challenge players by positioning them in game-like situations to make decisions under pressure that will enhance game-day performance.
- Create a player-centered approach, putting players into game-like situations to learn from experiences.
- Develop the individual player within a team setting.
- Players are taught individual player actions.
- Players are taught key team principles, within our desired FCB Style of play.
- We place players in a training and game environment where they will experience a balance of challenge and success.
- Players will be given the opportunity to move up and down a level or age within our club, to give them challenge or success, to aid their individual development when needed.
- During this section of our long-term pathway, players will physically develop at different rates, we take this into consideration and will provide opportunities for players to train with others who are a physical match, in order to increase their soccer and physical development.
- Coaches deliver a weekly theme, in line with clubs tactical periodization plan. Game day objectives will be created from this theme for players to have a focus for the game.
- Playing Time: Playing time is earned based on overall health/fitness, impact of performance and mentality in training/games, and overall attendance. Performance, Mentality, Attendance.
- Player Positions: Players will primarily focus on 1-2 positions that suit their individual attributes and the team tactical needs.
U11-U14 Competitive Director
FC Boulder Office
En Español: 720-788-9196
Weather Line: 303-661-7440