East Boulder Community Center
Sports Performance Center
Peak to Peak
3-4 team training sessions a week depending on age and time of the year.
Our first class facilities allow us to deliver a quality 10-month calendar to our Academy players in line with our year round periodization plan. This is essential to maximize development for any ambitious player. From November to March, using our Sports Performance Center and East Boulder Community Center turf fields, we focus on individual skills, small-sided game situations and physical components of the games.
Athletic Performance & HUDL
All of our Academy teams receive year round athletic performance training in line with our periodization plans for each age group. Our certified trainers play an important role in developing players on field performance as they grow.
All 11v11 Academy teams use high pods and HUDL to record home games.
The FC Boulder Academy represents the highest standard of play and expectation in FC Boulder. In the U11-U14 Academy age groups, players are introduced to the habits, attitudes, and playing standards required to become an elite youth player. In the U15-U19 levels in the Academy, players are prepared technically, tactically, physically, and psychologically for successful playing and academic careers in college, or entree into the professional game.
The FC Boulder Academy Program is a designed for the most talented and committed players throughout our region. The intention is to limit the number of participating players to approximately 36 players per age group.
The FCB Academy Program maintains high standards for all coaches in the program, including licensing requirements, continuing professional development, and requisite years of experience coaching highly achieving players.
Academy teams will play in the highest appropriate CSA league, and participate in various tournaments including showcases and State/Presidents Cup(s).
The commitment of time and financial resources for FC Boulder Academy players are at a higher level from those found in the FC Boulder Competitive Program experience.
We offer the highest level of soccer in our area, providing a professional and elite environment, for ambitious players to reach their full potential, achieve their goals and love the game.
Preparing players to have success in the game and in life, providing a platform to pursue athletic and academic careers in college or entry into the professional game.
The Girls Academy Program is based at the following locations to provide quality facilities and bring top talent from the area together.
EBCC, Valmont Park, SPC, & Peak to Peak.
Winning games will be a product of developing players over a long period of time. Learning how to win is part of development, but the individual player actions and team principles will be key to allow for successful results later in the pathway.
- Create a player-centered environment, putting players into game-like situations to learn from experiences.
- Continue to develop the individual player within a team setting.
- Instill passion for the game within our players through the energy and enthusiasm of our coaches.
- Build opportunities for our players to advance their life skills within our community.
- Teach individual player actions and key team principles, within our desired FCB Style of Play.
- Position players in a training and game environment where they will experience a balance of challenge and success.
- Provide players the opportunity to move up and down a level or age within our club, to give them the appropriate challenge or success, to aid in their individual development when needed.
- During this section of our long-term pathway, players will physically develop at different rates, we take this into consideration and will provide opportunities for players to train with others who are a physical match up, in order to increase their soccer and physical development.
- Deliver weekly themes, in line with the club’s tactical periodization plan set forth by the program director.
- Set game day objectives, based off the weekly theme, for players and teams to focus on.
- Playing Time: All players will earn at least 50% playing time in a game and be given opportunities to start games, considering – Mentality, Attendance & Performance.
- Player Positions:
- U11-U12 (9v9): Players will still be rotated within positions to increase overall game understanding and ensure players receive game day playing opportunities. We begin to identify specific ‘key positional qualities’ in players.
- U13-U14 (11v11): Positional profiling begins, players will get more opportunity to grow in 1-2 positions as coaches continue to identify their ‘key positional qualities’.
Connect individual and collective development with winning. We consistently challenge players by positioning them in game-like situations to make decisions under pressure that will enhance game-day performance.
- Create a player-centered approach, putting players into game-like situations to learn from experiences.
- Develop the individual player within a team setting.
- Players are taught individual player actions.
- Players are taught key team principles, within our desired FCB Style of play.
- We place players in a training and game environment where they will experience a balance of challenge and success.
- Players will be given the opportunity to move up and down a level or age within our club, to give them challenge or success, to aid their individual development when needed.
- During this section of our long-term pathway, players will physically develop at different rates, we take this into consideration and will provide opportunities for players to train with others who are a physical match, in order to increase their soccer and physical development.
- Coaches deliver a weekly theme, in line with clubs tactical periodization plan. Game day objectives will be created from this theme for players to have a focus for the game.
- Playing Time: Playing time is earned based on overall health/fitness, impact of performance and mentality in training/games, and overall attendance. Performance, Mentality, Attendance.
- Player Positions: Players will primarily focus on 1-2 positions that suit their individual attributes and the team tactical needs.
U11-U14 Girls Academy Director
U15-U19 Girls Director
FC Boulder Office
En Español: 720-788-9196
Weather Line: 303-661-7440