We will form teams of 10-11 players (playing 7v7) at this age, with a focus to provide teams in Boulder and East County (Lafayette, Erie). We will aim to form teams of players of like abilities, with our U10 ages aiming to provide a pool of players (20-22) for our top team; providing a similar platform of that of our Academy Program.
- Teams will compete in the Colorado State Association Front Range League.
- Teams will have the opportunity to participate in in-state tournaments, with the Boulder Cup (Spring Season) as their year ending event.
- Teams will have two training sessions per week:
- One session led by the Director of Coaching, called Program Wide Training.
- One session with their team coach.
- Players will have access to an additional training session, focused on technical, tactical, and small-sided games, at the Sports Performance Center.
- Players will have additional opportunities in off-season months (futsal leagues, camps, 3v3 leagues, etc.)
- The full cost of participation in the FC Boulder Juniors Program for 2019-20 is $995. Financial assistance is available for families who qualify for support. We work closely with families to ensure that every qualified player, regardless of family income, has an opportunity to play in the FC Boulder Juniors Program.
2019/2020 Player Placements:
Complete. Contact Fields Brown or Rickie Powers if you have missed placements and are interested in playing for FC Boulder.
2020/2021 Player Placements:
May 18-21, 2020
One hour technical, tactical training sessions, with some small-sided games, over the course of 10 dates over June and July. Dates are: June 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27, July 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25
2010 and 2011 Boys – 4:30-5:30PM
2010 and 2011 Girls – 5:30-6:30PM
Sports Performance Center
Cost – $120
Juniors 3v3 League (optional)
Providing a 5 week season, including 10 games (25 minutes) for those players looking to play in a small-sided environment. With so many players participating in 3v3 tournaments over the Summer, this is a great weekly option at the Sports Performance Center for those players/teams.
Dates are June 12, 19, 26, July 10, 17, 24
Cost – $250/team
Email email@example.com to sign up!
A Program For All Players
The Juniors Program is designed for all players who have the desire, talent, and ambition for the FCB Competitive and Academy Programs. By having an inclusive, well-balanced environment, we feel that the players are being prepared for the future steps of their soccer careers.
Well-Prepared, Trained & Licensed Coaches
The FCB Competitive Program maintains high standards for all coaches in the program, and places great value on coaches who can inspire and teach players of all ability levels. Coaches in the Juniors Program are thoughtfully mentored to provide a rich learning environment for their players, and are required (minimally) to obtain the US Soccer Grassroots 7v7 Diploma (though most coaches in the program far exceed the minimal standard).
A Stimulating Learning Context
Every training session is designed around the following principles:
- Player Centric: In all that we do, the individual player is our primary emphasis.
- Safety: Creating safe environments for young athletes to prosper is of utmost importance — safety to make mistakes, safety to express opinions, safety to compete relentlessly, and safety from personal threats are essential to player development.
- Organization: Training sessions are thoughtfully constructed, and meticulously planned to achieve specific learning objectives for the day. (See a sample training session by clicking here.)
- Game-Like: All training sessions are designed to present players with scenarios and challenges that are “game like” — i.e., representative of the lived reality and problem solving experienced in match play.
- Challenging: All training sessions are designed and delivered to challenge players at the appropriate level of diﬃculty. Players know that most training sessions will be harder than match play.
- Repetition: All training sessions provide players with multiple opportunities to practice and develop the training objectives of the session in contexts that mirror the real game.
- Standards: In the training environment we maintain high standards for our players regarding their training habits, mentality, competitive spirit, technical development, and tactical execution.
A Positive Environment
The program is guided by the following values:
- Joy in the Game: Soccer can provide the context for players to experience great joy and fulfillment, which is a driving ambition of the coaching staﬀ: Sharing a love of the game with our players.
- Growth: There is perhaps no other program in FC Boulder that exhibits the striking patterns of growth shown by FCB Competitive Players. Obsessed with a “growth mindset” (i.e., that abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work), the FC Boulder Competitive coaching staﬀ is committed to player development over time.
- Humility: We believe that putting others before oneself shows strength of character, and that players and coaches experience great freedom to grow when they learn to put their egos aside.
- Performance over Results: While we strive to win every match, we understand that eﬀort, passion, teamwork, integrity, and sportsmanship are more important than the outcome of a game. We believe that if players strive to perform and execute at their best, positive results will follow.
- Friendship: The love of Sport — soccer in particular — is infectious. Creating lasting friendships and camaraderie is one of the richest rewards available to youth players, and is a focal point of the Competitive Program.
- Intelligent Play: We teach the game in a way that allows players to experience success not only in the present, but over time. Resisting the temptation to adopt a “kick and run” approach that rewards athleticism (in the present) at the expense of developing proper technique, creativity, and game intelligence (over time), we teach every player the key principles that define the playing style of FC Boulder. We place a high premium on ball possession, our teams build from the back, all players attack, all players defend, transition moments are vital, and we encourage players to create chances on goal through various avenues.
PLAYER PLACEMENT PROCESS
The 2019/2020 player placement process is complete. Contact Fields Brown or Rickie Powers if you have missed placements and are interested in playing for FC Boulder.
2020/2021 Player Placement Events will be May 18-21, 2020. Specific dates and times will be released in Spring 2020.